Join our Team
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce the search for an Accounting Analyst.
Monolith invents, develops, and perfects process technologies that produce chemicals and materials that billions of people use every day. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance.
Monolith is a next-generation, carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in a cost competitive and environmentally advantaged manner. Monolith’s process also produces hydrogen tail-gas, a valuable co-product that can be sold into the power generation or industrial gas markets. Monolith is backed by Azimuth Capital Management, Cornell Capital and Warburg Pincus, three of the most widely respected private equity firms in North America.
Role Summary / Purpose:
The Accounting Analyst is responsible for maintaining and improving the company’s financial records and accounting systems.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Accounting Analyst will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Prepare daily banking transactions and deposits.
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly.
- Prepare journal entries for month end close.
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts and maintain reconciliation schedules.
- Maintain system for credit card and personal expense reports.
- Posting of payroll and maintaining ADP general ledger interface.
- Compile financial statement reports, including balance sheet, income statement & cash flow.
- Support annual insurance renewal and audits.
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting of financial statements as well as variance explanations against planned expenses.
- Contribute to preparing annual audit schedules and documentation.
- Overall willingness to assume additional responsibilities beyond the job description.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred. Associates degree with 2 years relevant work experience considered.
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite, to include Excel, Word and OneNote required.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems experience preferred.
- Attention to detail required.
- Strong ability to learning new systems and tasks to drive efficiency and effectiveness required.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance.
- A deep desire and genuine interest in doing what it takes to build a successful company.
- Low ego and thrives on the team’s success.
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of Safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
Travel and Residency:
This position works from our Lincoln, Nebraska offices.
All applicants should submit a current and complete resume in PDF format with their application for consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.