Join our Team
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a skilled Corporate Controller. Reporting to the Director of Commercial Development, the Corporate Controller’s primary responsibility is the effective leadership and management of the Company’s finance and accounting organization. The Corporate Controller will oversee Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, and will lead the annual budget process and the long-term planning/forecasting process. This position is an integral part of the organization’s growth!
Monolith invents, develops, and perfects process technologies that produce chemicals and materials that billions of people use every day. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance.
Monolith is a next-generation, carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in a cost competitive and environmentally advantaged manner. Monolith’s process also produces hydrogen tail-gas, a valuable co-product that can be sold into the power generation or industrial gas markets.
Role Summary / Purpose:
The Corporate Controller is responsible for the effective leadership and management of the Company’s finance and accounting organization. The Corporate Controller will oversee, Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, and will lead the annual budget process and the long-term planning/forecasting process.
This position will report to the Director of Commercial Development of the company.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Corporate Controller shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Manage all corporate accounting functions, including timely and accurate weekly and monthly management reports, quarterly and annual financial reporting, and tax compliance
- Build, manage, and develop the accounting team
- Design and implement key financial control processes and procedures alongside the ambitious organizational growth plan, including the analysis and support for the selection and implementation of an ERP system
- Liaise with external tax support and auditors to ensure compliance with regulatory frameworks
- Work closely with senior management to provide strong financial analyses and operating scenario studies to aid with the company’s strategic initiatives
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA, or equivalent, is highly preferred
- 8-10 years of diverse, well-rounded experience in related role(s)
- Strong understanding of internal control systems to help identify, design, and implement financial controls and processes in a fast-growing organization
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of tax, banking and cash management, regulatory requirements, foreign exchange accounting, and cost control principles
- Preference given to ERP implementation experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- Capable of working across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrated agility to adapt to change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
- Low ego and thrives on the team’s success
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of Safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
Travel and Residency:
Travel may be required up to 25% of the time. Lincoln/Omaha – Nebraska residency required.
All applicants should submit a current and complete resume in PDF format with their application for consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.