Join our Team
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a skilled Director of Elastomer Application Development!
Monolith invents, develops, and perfects process technologies that produce chemicals and materials that billions of people use every day. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance.
Monolith is a next-generation, carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in a cost competitive and environmentally advantaged manner. Monolith’s process also produces hydrogen tail-gas, a valuable co-product that can be sold into the power generation or industrial gas markets.
Role Summary / Purpose:
The Director of Elastomer Applications Development will spearhead Monolith’s efforts to build a world leading reputation in the carbon black for tires and industrial rubber market. Monolith’s state of the art carbon black nanoparticles offer new capabilities and opportunities to the OEM companies of the world. The candidate should have 10+ years of experience in the tire or industrial rubber field. The interested candidate should have hands on experience working with carbon black filled rubber compounds and should understand the different techniques to improve elastomer composites based upon manipulation of formulation and cure science.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Director of Elastomer Application Development shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Deep understanding of elastomer formulation and cure science
- Participates in the design and planning of customer strategy
- Arrange and categorize all elastomer testing data
- Build elastomer testing capability at Monolith
- Cogent: Efficiently explain elastomer science to non-technical members of the team
- Continuously improves collection and organization of elastomer data
Desired Skills and Experience:
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Desire to engage with customers to build next generation elastomer composites
- BS degree in elastomer science or related field required
- 10+ years of experience in elastomer industry required
- Organized and able to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Proven track record of delivering on timelines
- Performs well under pressure
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Strong ability to concisely summarize results in a report format
- Advanced computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and/or Primavera
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi task in fast paced environment with competing deadlines
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of Safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
Travel and Residency:
Travel will be required up to 20% of the time. Lincoln/Omaha – Nebraska residency required.
All applicants should submit a current and complete resume in PDF format with their application for consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.