Join our Team
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce the search for a Purchasing Specialist.
Monolith invents, develops, and perfects process technologies that produce chemicals and materials that billions of people use every day. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance.
Monolith is a next-generation, carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in a cost competitive and environmentally advantaged manner. Monolith’s process also produces hydrogen tail-gas, a valuable co-product that can be sold into the power generation or industrial gas markets. Monolith is backed by Azimuth Capital Management, Cornell Capital and Warburg Pincus, three of the most widely respected private equity firms in North America.
Role Summary / Purpose:
The Procurement Specialist provides support for performance of day-to-day functions that relate to procurement activities. The ideal candidate will have previous purchasing experience in manufacturing and able to work independently to accomplish assigned tasks, expected outcomes related to procurement, purchasing and expediting activities.
This position will initially report to the Project Procurement Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Procurement Specialist shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Develops all commercial bid evaluations and materials requisitions for inquiry.
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from responsible requisitioner.
- Obtains purchased items by negotiating commercial conditions with suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and market trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Overall willingness to assume additional responsibilities beyond the job description.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years purchasing experience in manufacturing required.
- 3-5 years of administrative or general business experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Advanced skills using the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel, Power Point and Outlook required.
- Knowledge of and experience working on data entry and operations of a procurement or materials management systems required.
- Understanding of the project delivery processes and procurement procedures desired.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance.
- A deep desire and genuine interest in doing what it takes to build a successful company.
- Low ego and thrives on the team’s success.
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of Safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
Travel and Residency:
Up to 10% travel will be required. Nebraska residency required.
All applicants should submit a current and complete resume in PDF format with their application for consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.