Join our Team
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a strategic and skilled Senior Recruiter. Reporting to the VP of HR, the Senior Recruiter is responsible for sourcing, attracting, interviewing, selecting and retaining the very best and brightest individuals to join the Monolith team. This position is an integral part of the organization’s growth!
Monolith invents, develops, and perfects process technologies that produce chemicals and materials that billions of people use every day. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance.
Monolith is a next-generation, carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in a cost competitive and environmentally advantaged manner. Monolith’s process also produces hydrogen tail-gas, a valuable co-product that can be sold into the power generation or industrial gas markets. Monolith is backed by Azimuth Capital Management, Cornell Capital and Warburg Pincus, three of the most widely respected private equity firms in North America.
Role Summary / Purpose:
The Senior Recruiter is responsible for strategically sourcing, attracting, interviewing, selecting and retaining the best talent available in order to fulfill the mission of Monolith and to position the organization as the employer of choice.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Human Resources.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Senior Recruiter shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Develops a strategic sourcing and recruitment strategy that attracts and retains the best talent needed to successfully fulfill the mission and vision of Monolith. This plan will be developed in partnership with the VP of HR and the leadership team.
- Develops strategic partnerships with local organizations and regional colleges and universities in order to build Monolith’s employment brand and a pipeline for long-term sourcing and recruitment needs.
- Finds, initiates contact and recruits potential talent for key positions within the organization.
- Interviews and assesses candidates to ensure each potential hire has the appropriate skills, knowledge, expertise and talent needed for the position.
- Partners with hiring managers to develop sourcing strategies for each position, builds interview plans and consults on the final hiring decision.
- Extends verbal and written employment offers. Coordinates background check and new-hire drug testing. Ensures internal processes and procedures to on-board a new employee are executed.
- Leads and participates in new employee orientation helping to create a positive welcome and strong start for each new team member during their first year with Monolith.
- Follows up with the related administrative aspects of employment including but not limited to health insurance enrolment, creation of employee file, completion of safety training, etc.
- Develops and executes programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of the recruitment programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization as an effective partner in the selection and retention of talented team members.
- Implements and manages the applicant tracking system and provides necessary reports for critical analyses of the recruitment and talent sourcing needs of the organization.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to others regarding the human resource discipline.
- Continues innovating and improving the sourcing, recruitment and retention programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
- Willing to assume responsibility for other human resource function in alignment with organizational and individual growth and development goals.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of sourcing, attracting and retaining the next generation of exceptional talent.
- Natural and proven ability to build impeccable relationships with applicants, hiring managers and business leaders.
- Strong business acumen with an ability to frame talent issues within the context of business imperatives.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance.
- A deep desire and genuine interest in doing what it takes to build a successful company.
- Low ego and thrives on the team’s success.
- 5 years of experience working in human resources, with a focus in proactive, strategic sourcing and recruitment required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of Safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
Travel and Residency:
Regional travel to attend recruitment events will be required. Nebraska residency required.
All applicants should submit a current and complete resume in PDF format with their application for consideration.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.