Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Field Operator.
Monolith is a carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in an environmentally advantaged manner. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
Our Field Operator is responsible for the safe start-up, monitoring, control, and shutdown of equipment for the efficient, economical, and environmental compliant production and distribution of Carbon Black, Hydrogen, Steam and Condensate, meeting the demands and availability requirements of internal and external customers. This is a non-exempt role, reporting directly to a Lead Operator or Supervisor.
- Operate and maintain boilers, blowers, pumps and pollution control systems associated with carbon black manufacturing
- Operate auxiliary equipment including burners, conveyors, water treatment systems and condensers
- Operate gantry crane and fork truck as necessary
- Maintain operating log of all parameters on the shift
- Perform miscellaneous housekeeping in and around the work area
- Assist in the training of other employees
- Perform other related work as assigned
- Able to uphold regulatory, company and customer standards
- Able to contribute to and promote a team environment
- Able to read, understand, and speak basic level of English as well as perform basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, and division
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and bend, squat, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear
- Able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions, and temperature variation
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs safely without limitation)
- Willing to work rotating shifts, 8-12 hours per day, Holiday, weekend, overtime and night shift work as required
- Willing to work overtime as required
- Successful working independently without close supervision
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in Manufacturing or Operations
- In lieu of experience, a certificate program would be considered
- Prior experience operating equipment (pallet jack, fork lift, manual carts, scanners, computers, etc.)
- An ability to work well under pressure, prioritizing tasks and responsibilities to meet deadlines
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
- A deep desire and genuine interest in doing what it takes to build a successful company
- Low ego and thrive on the team's success
This positions work will take place in an industrial work environment located in Hallam, NE.
Nebraska residency required
Minimal travel will be required for this position