Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for an Engineering Manager.
Monolith is a carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in an environmentally advantaged manner. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for oversight of EPC contractor engineering activities on the Olive Creek 2 (OC2) project, from FEED through Start-up. You will develop and execute Monolith’s strategies for design management during FEED, detailed design, and execution. You will also coordinate the efforts of individual discipline experts, ensuring proper expertise is involved where necessary. As technical issues and questions arise throughout the project, you will be responsible for ensuring they are brought to closure.
- Refine Monolith engineering management strategies
- Coordinate Monolith reviews of contractor engineering deliverables
- Coordinate design input necessary from Monolith team
- Provide Monolith technical input for equipment vendor selection, where needed
- Solve engineering issues that come up during design and execution
- Support development of the Scope of Work within the EPC Contract
- Manage capital efficiency efforts within design, to minimize project cost
- Coordinate with other functional groups, to ensure design satisfies all project requirements (Operations, maintenance, supply chain, etc.)
- Determine staffing and support requirements for the Monolith engineering team during EPC execution
- Oversee engineering budget and schedule performance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or a related field, and
- Minimum 10 years of work experience, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- Project management of large capital projects preferably in the oil, gas or chemicals industries.
Work Environment and Travel Expectations
Your position will be remote but requires residency near Kansas City.