Rubber Lab Technician
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Rubber Lab Technician.
Monolith is a carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in an environmentally advantaged manner. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Rubber Lab Technician is responsible for completing the day-to-day responsibilities of operating the Monolith rubber lab. You will work with rubber compounds and gain a sound knowledge and experience with rubber lab processes, equipment, scheduling, and workflows.
- Effectively complete all identified rubber testing and processing plans in a safe, timely, and efficient manner
- Develop a keen understanding of rubber mixing and processing in a lab environment
- Safely operate all lab equipment to include rubber mill, rubber mixer, and execute tensile testing
- Collaborate with leadership to execute all rubber lab work
- Complete all required rubber processing steps including; material preparation, mixer loading, mill operation, cutting specimens, etc.
- Effectively administer all tests, comply with an inspection schedule and ensure adherence to all procedures
- Coordinate with various teams to perform quality audits on processes
- Evaluate results to ensure optimal quality and prepare reports to evaluate performance
- Perform overnight shift work. The shift for this work is 11 pm to 7 am. This might change over the course of time
- Perform other duties as needed
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
- Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Think like a team
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
- A strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Ability to enter data and read information from database software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Will be in an active laboratory environment with some time in an open office environment