I&E Maintenance Technician
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a I&E Maintenance Technician.
Monolith is a carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in an environmentally advantaged manner. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing general and specialized maintenance and repairs while applying proficient skills in various maintenance trade disciplines. In addition, the Maintenance Technician will help develop the maintenance program and ensure daily activities of the on-site maintenance staff are completed in a timely and proficient manner. At all times, our Maintenance Technician will promote safe, efficient and environmentally compliant maintenance allowing the production of carbon black and hydrogen to meet the demands and availability requirements of internal and external customers.
- Be responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company
- Maximize equipment reliability by effectively performing assigned work orders and PMs
- Ensure complete and effective repairs
- Proactively initiate work orders based on PM observations, measurements or PM reports
- Ensure the performance and record keeping of required daily plan operations activities, including equipment readings, inspections and testing
- Identify and correct problems; report problems requiring further action
- Assume an active role in the development and continuous improvement of the maintenance program
- Utilize programs to plan, execute, review and improve mechanical maintenance reliability activities. Participates in the resolution of reliability related operational, process, equipment and maintenance problems to prevent operational upsets.
- Perform routine audits to hold self and others accountable for keeping the plant neat, tidy and in good repair
- Hold and maintain all licenses and safety requirements needed to accomplish required tasks
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment at all times
- Responsible for full compliance and accuracy of the Lockout tagout (LOTO) program
- Responsible for full environmental compliance of plant permits
- Perform other duties as needed
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
- Comfortable using a computer and the Microsoft suite of software
- Able to work overtime as required
- Five years industrial experience
- Technical degree or certificate preferred
- A strong safety and environmental commitment
- Experience working in a construction environment preferred
- Prior experience operating equipment (forklifts, telehandlers, man lifts, overhead cranes, etc)
- Prior experience troubleshooting equipment issues
- Excellent working knowledge of industrial equipment such as pumps, blowers, conveyors and exchangers
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with fellow employees and contractors
This positions work will take place in an industrial work environment located in Hallam, NE. The majority of the work will take place outdoors or in a maintenance shop.
This position is planned for a forty-hour work week but may require on call coverage and overtime to support 24/7 operation.
Minimal travel will be required for this position