Maintenance Technician - Mechanic
The mechanical Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing general and specialized maintenance and repairs while applying proficient skills in various maintenance trade disciplines. In addition, the Lead Mechanic will help develop the maintenance program and ensure daily activities of the on-site maintenance staff are completed in a timely and proficient manner. At all times our Maintenance Technician will promote Safe, efficient and environmentally compliant maintenance allowing the production of carbon black and hydrogen to meet the demands and availability requirements of internal and external customers.
- Uphold the core values of the company
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment at all times
- Responsible for full compliance and accuracy of the Lockout tagout (LOTO) program
- Responsible for full environmental compliance of plant permits
- Be responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Coordinate work activities with Lead operators on shift
- Maximize equipment operation by scheduling preventive maintenance; and coordinating outage activities.
- Maximize equipment reliability by effectively performing assigned work orders and PMs. Ensure complete and effective repairs. Proactively initiate work orders based on PM observations, measurements or PdM reports
- Ensure the performance and record keeping of required daily plan operations activities, including equipment readings, inspections and testing
- Identify and correct problems; report problems requiring further action
- Responsible for updating and developing computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and updating assigned work orders as required
- Assume an active role in the development and continuous improvement of the Maintenance program
- Leads programs to plan, execute, review and improve mechanical maintenance reliability activities. Participates in the resolution of reliability related operational, process, equipment and maintenance problems to prevent operational upsets.
- Perform routine audits to ensure plant is kept neat, tidy and in good repair
- Supervise, train and cross-train mechanics in all areas of the operation. Must be able to develop mechanics’ skill and/or provide training to further their skill level to improve individual and facility performance
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Five years industrial experience
- Technical degree or certificate preferred
- Prior experience operating equipment (pallet jack, fork lift, Man lift, Mobile Air Compressors, etc.)
- A strong safety and environmental commitment
- Prior experience troubleshooting process systems and equipment issues
- Excellent working knowledge of industrial equipment such as pumps, blowers, conveyors and exchangers
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with fellow employees, representatives of other utilities, outside consultants, and the public
This position will take place in an industrial work environment in Hallam, Ne. The majority of the work will take place outdoors or in a maintenance shop.
This position is planned for a four (4) day ten (10) hour work week but may require on call coverage to support 24/7 operation.
This position is unlikely to require travel; site is in Hallam, Nebraska