Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Financial Analyst.
Monolith is a carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in an environmentally advantaged manner. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for analytical support to corporate strategy, finance, and commercial functions. The position encompasses a broad range of financial responsibilities including market analysis, budgets, forecasting, liquidity analysis, and financial reporting. This position will focus on monthly forecasting, annual budgeting, support for long term planning and treasury.
- Prepare financial presentations and pro forma statements for senior management
- Forecast income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, including support for production modeling
- Organize and lead annual budget process
- Support the organization with capital budgeting & forecasting processes
- Support commercial function through analytical analysis of market pricing trends, supply & demand dynamics influencing Monolith’s business, and the drivers of our customer’s markets
- Support the organization by ownership of competitor analysis and market changes impacting revenues
- Support business development function with accurate and complete financial forecasts and pro forma statements
- Provide information in response to requests made by internal and external customers in a timely and clear manner
- Work with multiple stakeholders in finance, accounting and commercial groups for high quality work product, showing the ability to collaborate with others as well as strong attention to details
- Participate in and independently conduct internal and external interviews with stakeholders
- Support finance and accounting department special projects, as needed
- Plan and implement systems that accomplish work objectives and fulfill the mission and goals efficiently and effectively
- Performs other duties as needed
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Collaborative: Communicates well with team members
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required, and
- 2-5 years in business-related work experience in a financial discipline experience, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities
- The ability to effectively exchange information with various stakeholders in a manner that makes meaningful results possible
- The ability to seek input, make connections, and recognize patterns that lead to effective decision-making and action
- A complete understanding of financial components of the financial statements and ability to analyze financials to make appropriate journal entries as needed
- Agile working style
Travel and Expectations:
Travel up to 15% may be required.
The majority of the tasks involved with this position are performed in an open office or remote work environment.
Anticipated start: Q1 2021