Accounts Payable Specialist
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for an Accounts Payable Specialist.
Monolith is a carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in an environmentally advantaged manner. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for accurately recording our accounts payable billings into our bill payment and general ledger systems. Additional responsibilities include all aspects of the accounts payable cycle from invoice receipt to check preparation and distribution. This role also provides support for month-end accounting procedures and tracking of contracts and service support agreements.
Record invoices in bill pay system and electronically file invoices from vendors
Maintain approval workflow and department costing in bill pay system
Compile and process expense reports and PCards with Concur system
Reconcile payable systems to general ledger
Complete Month End Accruals as assigned
Track contract and service agreements
Maintain master contract and service agreement listing
File agreements for corporate records
Complete month end account reconciliations as assigned
Be responsible for sales tax reporting and compliance
Prepare annual audit payable sample testing and workpapers
Perform other duties as needed
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
Associate's Degree in Accounting
Proficiency in Enterprise Accounting Systems, Excel and Word
Strong customer service focus
Travel and Expectations:
Minimal travel required
The majority of the tasks involved with this position are performed in an open office environment