Sales Director, Reinforcement Applications
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Sales Director, Reinforcement Applications.
Monolith is a carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in an environmentally advantaged manner. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Sales Director, Reinforcement Applications will support the maximization of profitability of Monolith’s products over the short and long term via coordination with the business leaders and engagement of customers, leveraging a combination of contract and spot sales strategies. This requires a consistent, high level of engagement with the customer base and working closely with Monolith’s technical, supply chain, and manufacturing teams.
- Interact with customers and distributors/agents on a regular basis to establish and maintain relationships and stay current with respect to customer needs and market knowledge.
- Complete timely call reports and post in associated CRM system.
- Understand the market in assigned region and identify and promote realistic growth opportunities for existing and new products.
- Manage sales contracts (purchase & supply agreements) where appropriate by negotiating, amending or updating information, as necessary. Proactively review contracts on a regular basis to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Provide commercial, new product & marketing information and guidance to business and technical personnel as appropriate. Update project validity and financial information in Opportunity Tracker.
- Facilitate customer specification approval and reviews and technical product presentations/awareness to customers in conjunctions with Technical Development Managers.
- Develop, maintain and execute the account plans that have been assigned.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution.
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance.
- Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Think like a team
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Business Administration, and
- 5 years experience in chemical sales and business development with a proven track record, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- Selling to the tire and MRG industry strongly preferred.
- Proven leadership and teamwork qualities
- Capability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors and team members
- Deep desire and genuine interest in doing what it takes to build a successful company
- Proven track record of delivering on timelines
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask in fast paced environment with competing deadlines
- Will be remote with regular travel, up to 50% of the time, to customer locations and headquarters in Lincoln, NE.