The Plant Manager leads and organizes all aspects of plant operations including workforce, receiving, production, maintenance, warehouse and shipping, safety and environmental, quality control, waste reduction, improvements and capital expenditures, to make sure the plant runs smoothly, efficiently and reliably.
The Plant Manager communicates with all internal and external stakeholders, to make sure everything runs smoothly.
Your position is part of the Monolith Olive Creek Phase 1 Plant Project and reports to the Vice President of Commercial Projects.
- Model Monolith core values in actions and words to foster culture of excellence.
- Ensure a well-trained and motivated staff.
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Keep in touch with various departments of the organization to ensure the overall objectives of the organization are achieved.
- Maintain a clean, safe and compliant plant. Champion safety culture.
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
- Establish and maintain a positive community relationship.
- Ensure product being manufactured meets the company’s standards, policies and practices, and meets the customer’s expectations.
- Prepare short- and long-term plans to increase the efficiency and profitability of the plant.
- Establish plant policies and procedures.
- Establish plant annual budget planning and execution.
- Establish and maintain plant periodic financial forecasts.
- Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Maintain Inventory levels and control flow of product.
- Allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals.
- Build cooperative environment between operations and technology groups to validate and commercialize the Monolith technology.
- Communicate with research and development as well as management to develop new product strategies.
- Analyze data and present findings in written reports to the management.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A proven record as a Plant Manager in the Chemical and/or Petrochemical industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field from a reputable Engineering University is required.
- 10 years of progressive experience in a key leadership/management role at a manufacturing facility including best practices in both managerial and manufacturing areas.
- Previous experience/strong understanding of budgeting/expense management with a basic understanding of financial and accounting practices.
- Previous experience/best practices implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, etc. to drive improvement.
- Previous experience/broad understanding of safety systems and environmental regulations enforcement.
- Strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering.
- Strong ability to be approachable, adaptable and flexible.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
- High level of motivation, drive and are results oriented.
- Problem – solving capabilities and an ability to grasp the problem at hand and take quick steps to resolve it.
- Proficiency in financial matters is also important to be successful in this position because a lot of this job entails meeting the budget requirements of the plant.
- Basic computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project) to analyze data and trends
- Basic AutoCAD knowledge
- Basic 3D Model knowledge
- Basic ERP System (JD Edwards, SAP, MS Dynamic, or similar) knowledge
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance production and maintenance needs.
- Ability to multitask in fast paced environment with competing deadlines
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers
Previous work in reputable Chemical or Petrochemical companies, including carbon black facilities, preferred. Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of Safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
Travel and Residency:
Travel will be required up to 10% - 15% of the time.