Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a QA/QC Technician.
Monolith is a carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in an environmentally advantaged manner. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The QA/QC Technician is responsible for collecting quality of all materials at site and ensuring compliance to all project specifications. During testing, some of the state-of-the-art analytical techniques include: Surface area analysis via gas adsorption (BET), titration analysis of carbon black samples, particle histogram via SEM and TEM, oil absorption number (OAN) analysis, surface energy measurement and other techniques.
- Effectively administer all tests, comply with an inspection schedule and ensure adherence to all procedures
- Coordinate with various teams to perform quality audits on processes
- Evaluate results to ensure optimal quality and prepare reports to evaluate performance
- Assist in setting up and continual training on the lab procedures, certifying operators and other individuals in quality testing
- Demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and conviction
- Continuously improve the analytical and application data collection and the organization of said data
- Perform overnight shift work. The shift for this work is 6 pm to 6 am. This might change over the course of time.
- Perform other duties as needed
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
- Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Think like a team
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, biochemistry or related field is advantageous
- Highly interested, detail-oriented individuals are also invited to apply
- Prior experience in Quality laboratory is advantageous
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- Will be in an active laboratory environment with some time in an open office environment