Reliability & Maintenance Manager
Join our Team
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Reliability & Maintenance Manager.
Monolith is a carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in a cost competitive and environmentally advantaged manner. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Reliability & Maintenance Manager is responsible for Interface with key stakeholders including Operations, Process Engineering and R&D to improve plant reliability. The Reliability & Maintenance Manager oversees the successful execution of plant maintenance activities, development of reliability strategies, and critical spares inventory.
- Manage reliability engineers, maintenance team, parts warehouse and document control specialist for our Olive Creek 1(OC1) plant including mentoring and development of their capabilities.
- Oversee plant engineering group, which will be responsible for identification and execution of plant improvement and optimization projects.
- Oversee development of plant reliability and maintenance strategies/processes.
- Ensure successful execution of plant outage scope.
- Ensure Process Safety is well managed using MOC, PHA, and project controls. Facilitate design reviews and HAZOP’s for the Olive Creek facility.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution.
- Adaptable: Demonstrated agility to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance.
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s Safety and Environmental philosophy and procedures is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or STEM field, strongly preferred
- 5 years of progressive leadership experience at a chemical manufacturing facility including best practices in both managerial and manufacturing areas required or an equivalent combination of education and years of leadership experience in the chemical processing industry to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities required.
- Strong leadership, communication, team building, and advanced coaching skills
- Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project) to analyze data and trends to report results required.
- A proven track record of a high level of safety awareness and conviction required.
- A commitment to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
Travel and Expectations:
Travel up to 25% may be required.
The majority of the tasks involved with this position are performed in an open office environment.