Join our Team
Monolith, located in Hallam, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Facility Coordinator.
Monolith is a carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in a cost competitive and environmentally advantaged manner. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Facility Coordinator will be responsible for providing day-to-day support at Olive Creek 1 (OC1) to maintain a clean and efficient worksite. This will include preforming general housekeeping, building maintenance task and coordination of outside resources to maintain a clean and productive worksite.
- Maintain physical space, ensuring a safe, clean, and functional environment
- Receive, manage, and process work order requests related to overall building maintenance; ensuring problems are resolved quickly
- Act as liaison between employees and any outside contractors needed to resolve specialized problems
- Draft and implement preventive maintenance schedules for buildings and equipment
- Ensure safety standards are followed throughout facility
- Participate on emergency preparedness planning team
- Maintain inventory of supplies; reorders as needed
- Responsible for grounds maintenance and management of related vendors (i.e. snow and ice removal, grass, and site security)
- Perform other duties as needed
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated agility to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s Safety and Environmental philosophy and procedures is a must.
- High school diploma, and two years of relevant experience, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities
- A strong safety and environmental commitment
- An ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with fellow employees, representatives of other utilities, outside consultants, and the public
- Proven ability to represent the company on guided tours, showing proper etiquette and poise
- Experience working with computers and the Microsoft suite of software
- Excellent deductive reasoning and drive to solve problems
- A desire to constantly improve self and the working environment
- A commitment to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
Travel and Expectations:
Travel may be required for parts and equipment; less than 20% of the time
Your role will be a combination of indoor and outdoor work