Corporate Accounting Manager
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Corporate Accounting Manager.
Monolith is a carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in an environmentally advantaged manner. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Corporate Accounting Manager is responsible for maintaining and improving the company’s financial records and accounting systems with a high level of detail. This role is responsible for all transaction interactions with the general ledger, review of account reconciliations, and leads the month end close process along with the oversight of the integration into the General Ledger of various software systems.
- Be responsible for the General Ledger
- Lead the month end close process to ensure timely posting of transactions and journal entries which includes preparing journal entries, reconciling accounts and related schedules
- Compile financial statement reports, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and manager expense reports
- Maintain chart of accounts in compliance with GAAP and management reporting requirements
- Provide oversight of postings for payroll, payroll systems, and payroll general ledger interface
- Assist in recording capital and stock options transactions with reconciliation to equity software, Carta
- Oversee integration of sales and accounts receivable from Fishbowl into general ledger
- Run the posting and reconciliation of intercompany billings, adjusting journal entries and reporting
- Review and approve vendor invoices for correct General Ledger recording
- Oversee Audit Duties
- Prepare annual audit schedules and documentation
- Understand US GAAP and research relevant standards and changes as required by growth in business activities
- Research and write required whitepapers for US GAAP accounting positions
- Compile annual audit report and financial statements, along with required disclosures in accordance with PCAOB standards
- Manage Tax Responsibilities
- Maintain fixed asset database for book and tax depreciation
- Partner with Corporate Controller and public tax accountants on preparation of various tax forms and corporate reports
- Complete personal property tax filings on annual basis
- Provide Leadership
- Lead and guide manufacturing and transactional accounting on general ledger structure for both GAAP and management reporting
- Perform other duties as needed
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Collaborative: Communicates well with team members
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
Committed to our values
Safety matters most
Think like a team
Solve the impossible, embrace reality
People make the difference
Decisions drive results
Generosity of spirit
Enjoy the ride
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience.
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite, to include Excel, Word and OneNote required.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities.
Travel and Expectations:
Minimal travel is required.
The majority of the tasks involved with this position are performed in an open office environment.