Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Payroll Specialist.
Monolith is a carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in an environmentally advantaged manner. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing and managing Monolith’s payroll and payroll administration system. You will be the one to calculate wages based on hours worked, maintain deductions based on employee enrollment and administer bi-weekly payments. This role requires use of payroll software with accuracy and efficiency.
Gather information on hours worked for each employee
Calculate the correct amount incorporating wage rates, overtime, deductions, bonuses etc. with assistance of payroll processing software
Receive approval from upper management and required documentation for payroll changes to comply with Sarbanes Oxley controls
Onboard & train new employees for payroll information in ADP
Post payroll transactions to general ledger
Reconcile all payroll and related benefits accounts on general ledger
Process taxes and payment of employee benefits
Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and management
Process all federal and state monthly, quarter and year end compliance reporting including year-end W-2s, W-3’s and 401k reports
Administer corrections as required for federal and state taxes
Communicate with Human Resources and external benefit agencies on updates and payroll compliance
Prepare reports for upper management, finance department etc.
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Collaborative: Communicates well with team members
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
Committed to our values
Safety matters most
Think like a team
Solve the impossible, embrace reality
People make the difference
Decisions drive results
Generosity of spirit
Enjoy the ride
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
- Proven experience as payroll specialist
- High school diploma or equivalent; BSc/BA in business, accounting or relevant field is a plus
- Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the field
- Proficiency in MS Office and good knowledge of relevant software (e.g. ADP) and databases
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
Travel and Expectations:
Minimal travel is required.
The majority of the tasks involved with this position are performed in an open office environment.