Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for an Executive Assistant.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the CEO and other Executive Committee members. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams, organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts, and oversees special projects. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a diversity of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Manage sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion especially decisions directly impacting the global operations of the company.
- Sustain a daily calendar of meetings and events.
- Prepare Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentations, agendas, reports, special projects and other documents in support of objectives for the organization.
- Arrange travel and accommodations for executives. Prepare expense reports.
- Screen incoming telephone calls; take and deliver accurate messages; respond to requests by gathering and providing information and referring non-routine calls to the appropriate staff.
- Draft and prepare correspondence for internal announcements, board meetings, and organizations that the executive is involved with
- Manage the Executive's contacts
- Assist in preparing and managing presentations and decks.
- Be responsive to emails/texts/phone calls, with contact outside normal business hours
- Welcome the Executive’s guests by greeting them, in person or on the phone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Use discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment to handle C-Level matters.
- Represent the company and the Executive in a positive light through great follow-through skills and sound judgment.
- Conserve the Executive's time by reading, researching, collecting and analyzing information as needed, in advance.
- Complete adhoc projects as assigned – such as personal events and/or family needs.
- Organize complex calendars and schedules; resolving any scheduling issues
- Perform additional duties as needed
- Committed to excellence: Perform duties at the highest level possible on a consistent basis.
- A strong communicator: Able to interact with people of all levels in a confident, professional manner.
- Service focused: Dedicated to meeting the expectations of the CEO and other senior executives by maintaining effective relationships with interested parties
- Organized: Able to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistently deliver on timelines
- Collaborative: Team-oriented approach
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion and perseverance
Committed to our values
Safety matters most
Think like a team
Solve the impossible, embrace reality
People make the difference
Decisions drive results
Generosity of spirit
Enjoy the ride
Candidate must also demonstrate a high level of safety awareness and conviction. Adherence and commitment to Monolith’s SHE philosophy and procedures is a must.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of related experience required in working in an executive assistant role supporting C-Level executives
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong time management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Business sense - can decipher priorities and make sound judgment calls when needed
- Demonstrated ability and temperament to work with sensitive information
Travel and Expectations:
Minimal travel is required.
The majority of the tasks involved with this position are performed in an open office environment.