Join our Team
Monolith, located in Lincoln, NE, is excited to announce its search for a Flex Operator.
Monolith is a carbon black manufacturing company which uses a proprietary process to convert natural gas to carbon black in a cost competitive and environmentally advantaged manner. We’re builders. Innovators. Pragmatists. We believe that technology holds the solutions to climate change and that cleaner technology is better technology.
At Monolith we apply scientific principles, engineering practices and a lot of hard work to solve real problems that have a global impact. We use sophisticated analysis methods, advanced manufacturing techniques, and often even our hands to build first of its kind technologies. We do not compromise on safety, quality or performance. If you want to solve tough problems, build real things, and have a big impact then you should join us.
Our Flex Operator is responsible for supporting the operations and maintenance teams. At all times our Flex Operator will promote safe, efficient and environmentally compliant production of carbon black and hydrogen to meet the demands and availability requirements of internal and external customers.
- Support backend operations
- Pull samples and delivering to the lab for testing
- Maintain housekeeping related to the backend of process
- Assist Operations with any needs
- Follow lean process flows and plant operating procedures
- Identify and correct problems; report problems requiring further action
- Support maintenance during outages
- Maintain strong attention to details.
- Work from heights and in tight spaces.
- Lift up to 50lbs regularly.
- Gain knowledge of use of electric, pneumatic and hand tools.
- Do routine inspections on tooling and equipment.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Technical certificate (AAS in Operations) and 2 year of relevant experience, or
- high school diploma plus 3 years of relevant experience, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities.
- A strong safety and environmental commitment
- An ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with fellow employees, representatives of other utilities, outside consultants, and the public
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid deductive reasoning and drive to solve problems
- The desire to constantly improve self and the working environment
- An ability work overtime as required
- A commitment to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Think like a team
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
Your Work Environment
This position is for an outside operator position in an industrial work environment in Hallam, Nebraska.